2022/2023 Ghana School of Law Professional Law Course Admission
The General Legal Council wishes to inform the general public that applications are open for suitably qualified persons to apply for admission into the Professional Law Course Programme at the Ghana School of Law for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Per a public notice signed by the Chairman of the Independent Examinations Committee, all applicants who meet the criteria(below), at the time of application, are qualified to apply.
The examination will be conducted by the Independent Examinations Committee of the General Legal Council (Council). The place, date, time, and venue are to be communicated later to qualified applicants.
DETAILS OF THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
The Examination is a two-hour paper and shall consist of two sections :
This comprises 20 (multiple choice questions), and it will cover six (6) out of the ten (10) basic subjects required prior to admission to the Ghana School of Law. They are:
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- Law of Immovable Property
- Ghana Constitutional Law
- Ghana Legal System and Methods
Also, this will consist of two essay or problem questions, based on any of the six (6) subjects listed above. Candidates will be required to answer the two questions.
PROFESSIONAL LAW COURSE ELIGIBILITY
The persons who are qualified to write the Entrance Examination include the following:
- To begin with, persons who have obtained a Bachelor of Law certificate or Final year Bachelor of Law students awaiting their final results from the Faculty of Law of Universities in Ghana. These universities must be accredited by the National Accreditation Board and approved by the General Legal Council (GLC)
- Secondly, Ghanaian holders of Bachelor of Law certificates or equivalent law degrees from universities in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America. Also, other common law jurisdictions who have obtained passes in all the following prescribed subjects:
- Firstly, the Law of Contract
- Secondly, the Law of Torts
- Thirdly, Criminal Law
- Also, the Law of Immovable Property
- Furthermore, Ghana Constitutional Law
- Moreover, Ghana Legal System and Methods
- In addition, Equity and Succession
- Besides that, Company Law
- Lastly, Commercial Law
Also in any of the following subjects:
- Natural Resources Law
- Law of Taxation
- Intellectual Property Law
- Environmental Law;
- Labour Law
GHANA SCHOOL OF LAW PROFESSIONAL LAW COURSE ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Interested applicants should take note of the admission process:
- The General Legal Council determines the number of candidates admitted to the Professional Law Course.
- An applicant may be granted admission if he/she has passed the written examination organized by the General Legal Council for the 2022/2023 Academic Year admission. Also, on payment of the required fee and submission of the application form and all supporting documents required online.
- Eligible Applicants who attain the minimum threshold mark set by the General Legal Council will be offered admission for the 2022/2023 Academic Year to pursue the Professional Law Course.
- The application shall be made by completing the Entrance Examination Registration Forms electronically on the website of the Ghana School of Law.
- A Banker’s draft for Four Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GHC 450.00) should be made payable to the BOARD OF LEGAL EDUCATION to enable applicants to obtain PINS to complete the online Application Forms. The Banker’s Draft should be presented to the Accounts Office of the Ghana School of Law.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
Applicants shall complete the School’s Application Form online with the following documents attached:
- Completed Declaration, Undertaking, Witness Forms.
- A recently taken passport-sized photograph of the applicant should be scanned and uploaded to the online Application Form.
- Certified True Copy of LLB Certificate.
- Certified True Copy of FINAL LLB Transcript.
- Copies of other relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Academic Reference from LLB awarding University.
- Character Reference from a lawyer of not less than 10 years standing at the Ghana Bar.
- Two photocopies of a valid national Identity Document in the form of a Passport, Voter’s ID, Driver’s Licence, or National Identification Card. (The original will be returned to the applicant after registration.)
- Admitted students will be required to produce a Police Clearance Certificate.
- Afterward, all registered applicants will be given Examination Index Numbers by the General Legal Council.
- The decision of the General Legal Council in respect of the published results of the Entrance Examination shall be final.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The deadline for the submission of application forms is 26th August 2022
- 2022/2023 UCC UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION FORMS
- 2022/2023 Nursing Training Admission Forms
- How To Buy Nursing Training Voucher Using Mobile Money
- List of Nursing Training Schools In Ghana
- 2022/2023 UCC UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION FORMS
- UHAS Postgraduate Admission Forms 2022/2023
- 2022/2023 UHAS Undergraduate Admissions Forms
- 2022 Admission Form For KNUST Top-Up Engineering
The post 2022/2023 Ghana School of Law Professional Law Course Admission appeared first on NewWebGh.