5 African countries with the highest minimum rates
A minimum rate refers to the lowest remuneration an employer can offer to its staff or workers. As a worker, you are entitled to receive financial remuneration from your employer which comes in the form of wages or salaries. In Africa, some countries have the lowest minimun rates. Whereas, others are trying to make their employees’ welfare better.
RANKINGS OF AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH THE HIGHEST MINIMUM RATES.
The minimum rate varies from one country to the other. This article takes a look at the minimum rate of some African countries before tax and welfare levies are deducted.
1 . Firstly, SEYCHELLES
It has the highest minimum rate in Africa, the workers in the country are paid by the hour. Seychelles president, Danny Faure May 2020 increased the minimum rate from SCR 34.97 to SCR 38.27 per hour for all workers other than casual. The monthly salary a worker in Seychelles can make is 424 dollars.
2 . Secondly, LIBYA
Another African country with a high minimum rate is Libya. A worker in Libya can earn up to 450 dollars per month. The government pays rent, power, and water subsidy for the citizens. The country is the fourth largest country in Africa.
3 . Another is MOROCCO
In Morocco, workers are paid on an hourly basis depending on the sector they belong to. Those who work in the agricultural and non-agricultural sectors are paid 63.39 dirhams per day and 14.13 dirhams per hour respectively. Morocco has a capitalist system and is one of Africa’s countries with a high quality of life. It is a diversified economy that has strong tourism, service, textile, and telecoms industry.
4 . Also, SOUTH AFRICA
In 2018, South African’s President Cyril Ramaphosa signed a new minimum wage into law. The new minimum wage was pegged at 3,500 rands per month. It is also the second-largest economy in Africa after Nigeria. Although South Africa has poverty, unemployment, and inequality are major problems in the country, it has a huge economic potential.
5 . Last but not least GABON
An employee in Gabon receives 225 dollars as its minimum monthly wage. Apart from that, the government also supports every child with 34 dollars as a monthly allowance besides other benefits. The country has a thriving extractive industry.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
The post 5 African countries with the highest minimum rates appeared first on NewWebGh.