5 African countries with the highest petrol prices
In recent times, most African countries have experienced a sharp increase in petrol prices. Global oil prices have topped $100 per barrel, a level not seen since 2014. As per the benchmark price of Brent Crude, the commodity is currently selling at $102.6 a barrel.
The ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine has also been blamed for the rising cost of gasoline in Sub-Saharan Africa. There are concerns that, as the violence worsens, there will be an even greater negative impact on African countries. Here are the five African countries that have the highest petrol prices.
Before we proceed to the list of 5 African countries with the highest petrol prices, it’s important to note that another factor responsible for rising energy costs in Africa is the fact that virtually all of Africa’s leading oil-producing countries have failed at developing the capacity to be able to refine the product locally.
That said, below are the 5 African countries with the highest petrol prices. This list is courtesy of data made available by Global Petrol Prices.
1 . ZIMBABWE
This Southern African country has the highest petrol cost in Africa. A litre of petrol costs as much as $2.153. The country’s Energy and Power Development Minister, Zhemu Soda, explained that frequent petrol price hikes were due to developments in the international oil industry.
Zimbabwe is not an oil producer. There have been conflicting reports about crude oil discovery in Northern Zimbabwe back in 2018. These reports and rumours have since not proven futile.
2 . SEYCHELLES
This island country has the second most expensive fuel price in Africa. A litre of petrol in this country is sold for $1.541. Although some international oil companies are prospecting for potential oil deposits on their coast, the country does not produce any oil and gas currently.
3 . MALAWI
In Malawi, a litre of petrol costs $1.426. Per the report, they stand the chance of discovering crude oil in lake Malawi. However, the reports on finding oil in the lake have worsened the problem.
4 . SOUTH AFRICA
In South Africa, a litre of petrol costs $1.413. In 2019, Total Energies announced it had made a major discovery of gas condensates in one of its exploration fields in South Africa. Experts said this could significantly improve the country’s fortunes drastically.
5 . UGANDA
In Uganda, a litre of petrol costs $1.389. The high cost of petrol in Uganda is despite the fact that the country actually produces oil. Checks show that the country’s crude oil reserves, as of 2021, stood at 2.5 billion barrels. This makes it quite worrying for petrol price to be on the rise or this high.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
The post 5 African countries with the highest petrol prices appeared first on NewWebGh.