5 MOST WIDELY-CONSUMED AFRICAN MEALS YOU SHOULD TRY IN 2022
Africa is known to be a continent of vibrant beautiful people, amazing cultures, and noodles of mouth-watering delicacies.
African foods are very tasty, have been well-spiced, and have been well prepared to speak to the heart and nourish the body. These are some African dishes you can try in 2022. They are widely consumed across the continent.
1 . BOBOTIE
Bootie is a national delicacy of South Africans. The meal is made from layers of well-prepared meat. The meat could be beef, pork, or lamb and is seasoned with curry, dried fruit, herbs, and other spices, in addition with an egg custard.
Although bobotie is said to have come from Asia, it is popular in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Kenya as well. The meal is normally eaten during large or small ceremonies in South Africa.
2 . TAJINE
Tajine is a nourishing stew of most North Africans. The meal is named after the cooking pot it was made from. This traditional meal of the Moroccans combines various meats with fruits and vegetables.
The cooking pot for cooking this meal ensures that all the flavors from the different ingredients are sealed. Thus, giving you a delicious meal that perks up the senses. The meal is eaten with the hands. Also, some fresh bread is used to scoop the vegetables. It can also be eaten with couscous or steamed rice.
3 . WAAKYE
Waakye is the contracted form of the Hausa phrase shinkafa da wake, which translates as “rice and beans.” This is a popular Ghanaian dish that can be eaten at any time. The meal is prepared using beans, rice, and stalks of sorghum leaves. It gives the rice a reddish color but is removed after preparing the meal.
It is normally served in plantain leaves along with shito (pepper sauce), boiled eggs, fried plantain, and stew. In addition, are Talia (spaghetti), vegetable salad, gari (cassava flakes), as well as avocado or fried meat, resulting in an appealing meal.
4 . JOLLOF RICE
Jollof is a popular dish in West Africa with many variations. The meal is normally served at events like weddings, parties, and large gatherings.
The meal is a rice dish prepared by putting rice in a spicy tomato sauce with meat, vegetables, and seasoning. The side dish that normally accompanies this meal is coleslaw, boiled eggs, chicken, fried plantain, fish, beans, and numerous other examples.
5 . NDOLÉ (BITTER LEAF STEW)
Ndolé is a sauce that is common to the people of Cameroon. The sauce is prepared by using bitter leaf, spinach, meat, onions, and nuts. The sauce is best paired with boiled (ripe) plantain, yam, or rice.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
The post 5 MOST WIDELY-CONSUMED AFRICAN MEALS YOU SHOULD TRY IN 2022 appeared first on NewWebGh.