5 popular films you didn’t know were filmed in Africa
The setting of a movie contributes a lot to its success. Movie freaks will agree that good movies have good plots, well-developed characters, and amazing settings. A movie’s setting has to be beautiful to strengthen the plot for viewers to appreciate it. Producers know this and do their best to shoot films in the most beautiful places available.
Africa is home to some of the most beautiful places. Mountains, rivers, deserts, and serene landforms. All these draw the attention of movie producers.
Below are some of the top five films you didn’t know were shot in Africa.
1 . To begin with, HOTEL RWANDA
Hotel Rwanda was shot in 2004. It was shot mainly in Kigali, Rwanda, and Johannesburg, South Africa. Hotel Rwanda tells the story of the Rwandan genocide. It was considered one of the worst genocides to have happened in Africa. It took place in the year 1994 following major misunderstandings between Rwanda’s most prominent ethnic groups; The Tutsis and the Hutus.
The movie explores the life of a man, Paul Rusesabagina, who plays the role of a hero. Risking his own life, he offers shelter to a number of disadvantaged Tutsis, protecting them from the massacre that awaits them.
2 . Secondly, THE BOY WHO HARNESSED THE WIND
A Netflix movie was released in 2019. The Boy who Harnessed the Wind, is amazing with Malawi, as the plot setting. The film has quite an amazing plot. It was written from a true account by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer. The main character of this movie is a poor boy whose family struggles to make ends meet. A Series of events occur in this boy’s life until he discovers how to make windmills. He then finds a way to improve the life of his family after their years of suffering.
3. Thirdly, THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY
The official comedy movie, The Gods Must be Crazy, 1980, was shot in South Africa and Botswana. The film explores the lives of people inhabiting an African desert. The people are undisturbed until a Coca-cola bottle mysteriously drops from a plane, sparking a fight between the locals. They fought to keep ownership of the unknown object. The Gods Must Be Crazy is a LAFCA Award Nominee.
4 . Another is, BEAST OF NO NATION
Beast of No Nation was shot in 2015. This movie was filmed in Ghana. It stared big actors like Idris Elba and Abraham Attah. The plot is tight, with sharp emotions. This movie explores the pain and loss associated with war, corruption, tribalism, and politics.
5 . Last but not least, VIRUNGA
This was shot in Congo. Virunga, a documentary film, was released in 2014. It explores the existence of gorillas. The threat being posed against them, and how they are being hunted down and killed. In this movie, a couple of heroes put themselves at risk in a bid to protect mountain gorillas.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
The post 5 popular films you didn’t know were filmed in Africa appeared first on NewWebGh.