A Procurement Officer Needed at GIZ Ghana
Role: Procurement Officer
GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Scope of the Role:
The incumbent provides procurement services in accordance with GIZ policy and standards; administering logistics and contract management services; providing guidance, advice, and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, transparent and provide the best overall value to GIZ, all while ensuring excellent client service internally.
The procurement Officer supports the Manager in the discharge of responsibilities, develops new tools and training sessions, applies procurement best practices.
- Firstly, In accordance with GIZ regulations and in consultation with Head Office, executes local procurement of materials, equipment, and services, invitations to tender and order processing
- Secondly, Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft, checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
- Thirdly, Organizes the safe transport of goods to destination
- Processes customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of goods, entering information in customs declaration database, producing statistics)
- Monitors and processes clearing of goods
- Participates in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registration and insurance.
- And also, Assists with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office
- To begin with, The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of procurement regulations, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Then, MA/MBA/master’s degree
- Also, At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Additionally, Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- More so, Solution-driven mindset
- Furthermore, Ability to organize workload, and deliver under the pressure of deadline
- Afterwards, Detail oriented
- Thereafter, Knowledge of procurement laws and regulations
- Finally, Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and German are advantageous
How to Apply for Procurement Officer at GIZ Ghana
All suitable candidates should kindly submit their CVs and Cover letter to [email protected] quoting Job Reference 2022/CO/28/07.
The Closing date is 11th August 2022
GIZ is an equal opponity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethericity, mov, anal religion
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana