AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH HIGHEST ADOLESCENT PREGNANCY RATE
Adolescent pregnancy refers to the occurrence of pregnancy among girls who are between the ages of 10 to 19. Adolescent pregnancy has been a social and health issue, particularly in Africa. The World Health Organisation in a report stated that out of every 1000 girls between the ages of 12 to 19, there will be 49 of them pregnant.
CAUSES OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY
Teenage pregnancy occurs because most times, girls are not given the opportunity to decide on their reproductive health and well being
- Firstly, Child, early and forced marriage, can be both a cause and a consequence
- Secondly, Most girls are not given comprehensive sex education
- Another cause is the lack of parental care
- Also, Peer pressure
- Lastly, Insufficient knowledge on how to use contraceptives.
EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY
Some effects of teenage pregnancy include a high risk of Infant mortality, school dropout, children who are born to teen mothers who do not receive proper emotional support, giving birth to premature babies, and so on.
WAYS TO PREVENT TEENAGE PREGNANCY
- Teenagers should try as much as possible to abstain from sex as it is the surest way to save themselves from unwanted pregnancies.
- Also, they should seek more information on how to properly use contraceptives or emergency pills so they prevent early parenting
- Sex education should be provided to both teen boys and girls and not just targeted at girls.
- Last but not least, parents should be open to their teenagers about sex and the dangers associated with unprotected sex.
AFRICAN COUNTRIES THAT RECORD THE HIGHEST CASES OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY
Records prove that the prevailing rate across the sub-Saharan Africa regions is 16.3% in Eastern, 27.9% in Western, and 28.9% in Southern Africa.
1 . NIGER
In 2019, records show that Niger had the highest teenage pregnancy record. Out of every 1000 girls that were counted the country records 180 of them being pregnant or having given birth. 76.3% of the girls in Niger get married before the age of 18 and 57% of them have already started their reproductive life. 25% of maternal death are contributed by teenagers.
2 . MALI
More than half of women in Mali are married before age 19. Due to this most women start their childbearing age quite early. In Mali, out of every 100,000 teenage girls, 175.4438 of them are found to be pregnant.
Other African countries with a high rate of teenage pregnancy are Angola with 166.6028 out of every 100,000, Mozambique with 142.5334 births as against 100,000 girls, Guinea (141.6722), Chad (137.173), and Malawi (136.972)
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
The post AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH HIGHEST ADOLESCENT PREGNANCY RATE appeared first on NewWebGh.