The Fair Wages and Salaries Commission (FWSC) is looking for qualified, goal-oriented and results-driven persons with exceptional qualities for appointment to the following position.
SENIOR PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
To provide maintenance of an effective and effective inventory in the Commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains an inventory control system for the Commission’s stores;
- Implements a system to ensure that goods are properly received, stored and distributed from the Commission’s stores and properly recorded;
- Conducts timely requisition for supplies of materials and equipment to ensure that adequate inventory levels are maintained to meet the needs of the Commission;
- Provides timely feedback to supervisor on the conditions of goods received at the store, in case there are any defects;
- Ensures compliance with Government Health and Safety procedures and standards and regulations related to work performed to minimise potential accidents, injuries or hazards in the stores;
- Prepares and update Asset Register for the Commission for the attention of the Deputy Director, HR and !ration through the Head of the Procurement
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A good pass in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalence, plus a certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Stores Management from a recognised institution. Must have served progressively for a minimum of three (3) years in a related position.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND TECHNICAL ABILITIES
- Inventory management skills
- Good Knowledge of procurement laws
- Interpersonal skills;
- Oral communication and writing;
- Analytical and quantitative skills;
- Computer literacy.
- Belief in dialogue
- Team- player
How To Apply For This Job
Applications for Category B should be forwarded, not later than March 31, 2020 together with supporting documents, statements of the applicant’s vision for the position, CV, contact telephone numbers, email address and addresses of three referees to:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE
FAIR WAGES AND SALARIES COMMISSION
P. O. BOX MB 263
Email: [email protected]