Ashanti Regional Security Council begins probe into Islamic SHS disturbance

0
3
ashanti-regional-security-council-begins-probe-into-islamic-shs-disturbance

The Ashanti Regional Security Council says it has begun investigations into the disturbances at the Islamic Senior High School and insists such an incident must not repeat itself.

Chairman of the Council, who is also the Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei Mensah, has described as avoidable Monday’s disturbances at the school.

He said if the request for a speed rump by students had been granted long ago, the protest would not have also happened.

He however said such a request had not come to his attention.

Mr. Osei Mensah who visited the school assured management and students of the construction of the speed rumps to address the concern of rampant vehicular knockdowns.

A total of 32 students who were admitted at some health facilities in the Ashanti Region have been treated and discharged, while four others remain on admission.

The leadership of the Coalition of Concerned Teachers Ghana has condemned the alleged police brutality on the students and the arrest of some of its members during the disturbances.

Ashanti Regional Chairman of the Coalition of Concerned Teachers Ghana, Kingsley Anyimadu, hints the group may take legal action over what he says was the unlawful detention of their members.

“The Coalition of concerned teachers will have to register its strongest pain over what happened yesterday. We condemn in no uncertain terms that Police Service will use this force in trying to calm down demonstrating students. If it is a matter of getting legal aid and going into it, we will do that.”

The post Ashanti Regional Security Council begins probe into Islamic SHS disturbance appeared first on Citinewsroom – Comprehensive News in Ghana.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here