Chief Legal Aid Officer Job Available at Legal Aid Commission
Legal Aid Commission, a reputable government institution, Invites interested persons to apply for the following position: CHIEF LEGAL AID OFFICER
To provide technical and administrative direction for the effective and efficient performance of the administrative functions of the Region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Firstly, Provides inputs for the formulation of policies.
- Secondly, Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Region,
- Thirdly, Ensures the implementation of the programmes and activities of the Region.
- Moreover, Ensures the development and implementation of guidelines, standards, processes and procedures for legal assistance for the realisation of right to personal liberty, equality before the law and fair trial.
- Additionally, Ensures the development of a system for participation of a paralegal in criminal justice delivery.
- Furthermore, Ensures the provision of legal assistance for juveniles.
- Then, Ensures the provision of legal assistance for persons indicted for offences punishable by life imprisonment or death and who cannot afford the services of a lawyer.
- Also, Oversees the implementation of the performance management system within the Region.
- Afterwards, Ensures the preparation of the annual budget and work plan of the Region.
- Last but not least, Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports for the Region.
- Finally, Supervises and appraises the performances of subordinate staff in the Region.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- To begin with, A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Then, Must have been called to the Ghana Bar.
- Afterwards, A minimum of ten (10) years post-Bachelor’s Degree relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
- Lastly, Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Legal Aid Commission.
- Good research, analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of project and programmes management Ability to lead strategic management and change management
- Good leadership, management and networking
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Technical and innovative skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation, lobbying and conflict management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Good knowledge of financial management laws and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws and regulations
- Good knowledge in relevant IT applications
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s legal system and its operation
- Excellent knowledge of international conventions and treaties on human rights and civil liberties
- Also, Excellent knowledge of criminal justice system
- Proven integrity and good ethical standards
- Besides the above, Excellent report writing skills
How to Apply for Chief Legal Aid Officer Job at Legal Aid Commission
Applicants are to submit application letters with current CVs, including names and addresses of three referees and copies of certificates to:
Head of Administration
P. O. Box 18342
All softcopies of applications, CVs and certificates should be sent to [email protected]
The deadline for submission of application is twenty-one (21) days from the date of publication.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
The post Chief Legal Aid Officer Job Available at Legal Aid Commission appeared first on NewWebGh.