Fellows Manager Needed at African Center for Economic Transformation
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is an economic policy institute supporting Africa’s long-term growth through transformation. We produce research, offer policy advice, and galvanize action for African countries to develop their economies, reduce poverty, and improve livelihoods for all their people. We are the pre-eminent African organization advancing African solutions to African challenges.
- JOB TITLE: Fellows Manager
- REPORTING LINE: Head of Human Resources
- LOCATION: Accra or Remote
The Fellows Manager will be responsible for the management and administration ACET’S Transformation Fellows and The World Bank Chief Economists of Government of Fellows Programs,
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAM
- Work with the Research, Policy and Programs (RPP) and Human Resource Units in ACET and the World Bank to select, appoint and place Transformation & CEOG Fellows
- In consultation with the ACET RPP leadership and the World Bank ensure all Transformation and CEOG fellows have clear work plans, deliverables and develop and oversee work plans and deliverables for the Fellows
- Serve as the focal point with host institutions (policy Institutes, governments, International organizations) to develop partnership agreements, negotiate terms and benefits for Fallows, ensure regular communication between ACET/World Bank (as appropriate), the host institutions and the Fellows. This will include mediating disputes, coordinating performance reviews etc.
- Work closely with the ACET Finance team on payment of salary and benefits, while also aligning such payments with the host institution policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate with other fellows programs in Africa (ODI, OPM, TBI, IGC etc.) to help create a ‘community of fellows’ in countries with CEOG and Transformation Fellows
- Develop and implement a monitoring framework to assess and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the fellowship programs in collaboration with the ACET MBE manager
- Lead on development partner reporting on ACET Transformation Fellows
- Support the ACET management in growing the Transformation Fellows program Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in support of ACET’s mission
DUTY OF CARE
- Develop guidelines for, and oversee, all aspects of “duty of care” to include health, safety and security for Transformation and CEOG fellows
- Coordinate with UN and other partners in placement country to ensure ACET is up to date on security briefings and collaborate with partners regarding disaster preparedness or cases of unrest
- Co-ordinate with HR to ensure all fellows have access to health insurance and other benefits as appropriate
FELLOWS SUPPORT SERVICES
- Develop orientation sessions for fellows using Transformation and CEOG Fellows guidelines in collaboration with HR in ACET and the World Bank.
- Work with ACET HR and the World Bank to ensure adequate logistical support for Fellows
- Manage the administrative processes to ensure Fellows are well-informed and supported throughout the fellowship
- Identify, contract and manage a leadership program service program that will provide leadership development, coaching and mentoring support to Transformation and CEOG fellows
- Support fellows participation in networks of young professionals
- Establish and manage the alumni of Transformation and CEOG Fellows programs to facilitate the development of a network of young African transformation economists
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in human resource management, education, international relations or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience preferably in a similar position
How to Apply for the Fellows Manager at African Center for Economic Transformation
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying Cover Letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the position to [email protected] The closing date for the receipt of applications is Thursday, 30 June, 2022.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please refer to our website www.acetforafrica.org for the full version of the job announcement.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
The post Fellows Manager Needed at African Center for Economic Transformation appeared first on NewWebGh.