FHI 360 New Employment Opportunity
FHI 360 is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential MEL Specialist position on a USAID-funded program in Ghana. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen civil society oversight of and feedback into government performance in public service delivery and to support government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
ROLE: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist: Ghana
The MEL Specialist will play a lead role in the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan by developing appropriate indicators, implementing systems to safeguard the collection and management of program data, and recommending changes to annual work plans or data collection techniques as needed. The MEL Specialist will also train project staff and liaise with USAID/Ghana on M&E reporting requirements and program learning strategies.
This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana for a duration of five years. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
- To begin with, Design the project M&E system and related tools, clearly identifying performance indicators, users, and the utility of the data and information.
- Secondly, Liaise with USAID Ghana and adapt M&E tools as necessary to meet program and donor needs over the life of activity.
- Thirdly, Oversee design of survey methods, data collection processes, and data quality assessments.
- Furthermore, Train program staff, supervise M&E activities, and safeguard data capture and management processes.
- Moreover, Oversee the application of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) principles to inform program implementation and management.
- Additionally, Engage staff, government, partners, USAID, and other key stakeholders in identifying project learning opportunities.
- Also, Analyze project data and advise program management on needed program revisions.
- Lat but not least, Contribute to written performance reports for the donor and other interested parties.
- Finally, Work with grantees and partners to ensure accurate information flow, including guidance and support on grantee data collection, measurement, and reporting.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in social science, management, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field preferred; or a bachelor’s degree and two additional years of work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience, with experience managing and implementing monitoring and evaluation and learning systems for donor-funded programs, preferably within multi-sector programs in Ghana or similar country contexts.
- Demonstrated abilities in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, knowledge management and organizational learning, survey and research tool design, data collection and statistical analysis, qualitative research, and dissemination of results.
- Experience coordinating with governments and/or local NGOs, as well as with local communities, in the design and implementation of surveys and other data collection techniques.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively use statistical analysis software such as STATA and SPSS.
- Experience on the use of M&E systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Closing Date : 10th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications