- Vet payment vouchers and process through the General Ledger for approval/payment.
- Prepare cheques and process for approval/payment in line with approved guidelines.
- Reconcile General Ledger for review by Superior Officer.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Update Accounts Receivables and process invoices for payments.
- Prepare SSNIT and PAYE returns and file payments with statutory institutions.
- Process monthly payroll for employees within prescribed limits of authority.
- Update records of all accounting transactions.
- Provide support in annual audit activities.
- Gather data for the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports (i.e. Income Statements, Balance Sheet, etc.).
- Prepare period reports related to job function.
- Perform any other functional duties as may be assigned by Superior Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field.
- Not less than Three (3) years relevant working experience in related role.
- Knowledge and understanding in the use of finance/accounting methodologies and tools.
- General knowledge of the International Financial Reporting System (IFRS), Accounting and Auditing Standards and related regulations.
- General knowledge/understanding of tax laws and related regulations.
- Absolute discretion in handling and dealing with confidential information/data.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees and contribute to team task accomplishment.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software/tools and Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc. and internet.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing