University Of Ghana Department Of Social And Behavioural Sciences Scholarships
CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Global Mental Health Research Group on Interventions for Youth with Depression and Anxiety in African countries.
- POSITION: Ph.D. in Health Economics Scholarship
- Location: United Kingdom
- Application deadline: 29th August 2022
- Language(s) Required: Fluent written and spoken English
The University of Ghana (UG) and King’s College London (KCL) are offering a learning opportunity for motivated graduate students for a fully-funded 3-year Ph.D. program at KCL in the Department of Health Service and Population Research, under the King’s Health Economics research group.
King’s Health Economics, consists of a team of health economists with expertise in designing and conducting high-quality economic evaluations of healthcare programs and policies that contribute to healthcare policy and practice in the UK and abroad.
Research conducted by students and staff in Health Services and Population Research (HSPR) aims:
- Firstly, to improve coverage and access to evidence-based mental health treatment and care
- Secondly, to drive up the quality of mental health services, and achieve the best outcomes for those
that use them
- Thirdly, to understand the effect of social and cultural contexts on the delivery and use of mental health services
- Also, to expose and challenge stigma and discrimination, promoting recovery and rights
- Lastly, to develop and test methods to improve the design, analysis, evaluation, and implementation of mental health treatment as well as care.
This award is part of the NIHR-funded Global Mental Health Research Group on Interventions for Youth with Depression and Anxiety in African countries. Thus, the principal investigators are Prof Melanie Abas of King’s College London and Associate Prof Dixon Chibanda of the University of Zimbabwe and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. The country lead for Ghana is Dr. Benedict Weobong of the University of Ghana.
We are seeking bright and enthusiastic Ghanaian graduates from disciplines including public health, epidemiology, geography, health sciences, social sciences, psychology, statistics, economics, as well as mathematics who want to make a difference in population research.
Applicant must have/be:
- Firstly, a Ghanaian
- Secondly, a two-year Master’s degree with high grades
- Thirdly, excellent written and communication skills in English
- Also, willing to travel
- Last but not least, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural
- Lastly, trustworthy and of high-level integrity
The scholarship will cover the cost of Ph.D. fees and a stipend for 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information latest by 29th August 2022.
- To begin with, Proof of nationality.
- Secondly, a cover letter including a one-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate.
- Thirdly, a current curriculum vitae.
- Lastly, the names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of two professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications. Your nominated referees ideally should be persons from the following categories: professional supervisor, academic advisor, and/or Head of Unit. The application should be sent to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend an interview
Therefore, for further inquiries, an applicant can contact the following:
- Dr. Benedict Weobong: [email protected], 23320827195
- Also, Mr. Kenneth Adde: [email protected], 233244136688
Also, For more scholarship updates, CLICK HERE.