GES Study leave with pay 2022
The Ghana Education Service (GES) wishes to bring to the notice of its eligible employees the approved subject areas for Study Leave With Pay for 2022 academic year.
List of approved subjects to attract Study Leave With Pay for 2022.
|11||GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING|
|13||RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS)|
|15||VISUAL ARTS (GKA, CREATIVE ART, SCULPTURE)|
|16||Vocational Education (Clothing & Textiles, Hospitality Management, Catering, Fashion & Design, Management in Living, ,|
|17||Technical Courses (Tech Drawing, Eelectronics, Applied Electricity, Refrigeration, Welding, Metal Work, Building and Construction, Auto Mechanic, Auto Works, Draughtmanship, Creative Arts, Graphic)|
STUDY LEAVE WITH PAY 2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Ghana Education Service (GES) wishes to bring to the notice of its eligible employees the approved subject areas for Study Leave With Pay for the 2022 academic year. In line with the G.E.S. Study Leave With Pay policy, employees of the service should satisfy the following conditions to qualify for the award of Study Leave With Pay.
Conditions for the Grant of Study Leave With Pay
Interested applicants should meet the following requirements:
- To begin with, the minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of Study Leave With Pay is 3 (three) years of satisfactory service. Thus, a beneficiary of Study Leave With Pay shall be bonded for the number of years served at the Institution plus one (1) year.
- Secondly, an applicant (staff of GES) who has served in a designated deprived area for Two (2) years may be eligible for consideration for the grant of Study Leave With Pay.
- Thirdly, Non-Professional graduate teachers should have served for at least one (1) year before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) courses.
- Also, staff of the Service returning from Secondment must serve a minimum of two (2) years before they become eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
- Besides that, staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed/re-engaged must serve a minimum of five (5) years before being eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
- Moreover, a Staff who does not qualify for the grant of Study Leave With Pay in the first year cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The Staff must apply for Study Leave Without Pay to pursue the course.
- Furthermore, a Staff who is eligible for Study Leave With Pay must have a minimum of two (2) years to serve after the course. For example, a Staff who is Fifty-Five (55) years and above cannot apply for Study Leave With Pay to pursue a course that lasts Four (4) years or more. However, He/She can, apply to pursue courses that have a duration of between one (1) and Three (3) years.
- Last but not least, a Staff shall be eligible for Study Leave With Pay subject to the following:
- Firstly, Good conduct and performance
- Secondly, Recommendation by the immediate supervisor
HOW TO APPLY For GES Study leave with pay 2022
- Firstly, applicants should obtain application forms from the Metro/Municipal/District Education Offices.
- Also, applicants should complete application forms (4 copies), Attach certified true copies of certificate(s).
- Lastly, applications should be submitted to the applicant’s Regional Director through the Metro/Municipal/District Director/Head of Institution (2nd Cycle).
CLOSING DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
The Regional/District Directors should ensure that the list of all fully qualified beneficiaries reaches the Acting Director, Human Resource Management and Development (HRMD) G.E.S. Headquarters by 30th November 2022.
Also, For more scholarship updates, CLICK HERE.