Grade Control Geologist Job Opportunity at Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To carry out all in-pit geological activities and ore tracking to the right destination.
In This Role You Will
Grade Control Planning & Execution
- Firstly, Plan grade control drilling and sampling activities on the field.
- Secondly, Supervise daily ore mining and ensure mining is done to geological standards (i.e. Hanging Wall and Foot Wall (HW→FW), sheeting in ore, ore loss and dilution).
- Thirdly, Supervise and direct blast hole drilling sequence.
- Moreover, Implement and monitor blast movement designs on the field.
- Additionally, Conduct blast hole logging and capture structural mapping data in the pit.
- More so, Track ore material movement in the field and ensure it is captured correctly in the dispatch system.
- Finally, Support Short Term Planning (STP) to deliver the required feed grade to mill through accurate stockpiling and efficient blending.
- Conduct daily drill dig on-site visits to determine the rate of progression against specified targets and ensure drilling activity is carried out in line with Newmont’s Safety Standards.
- Also, Carry out geological logging of drill holes including geotechnical and structural data capture.
Data Collection and Quality Control
- Firstly, Capture all geological field data (core drilling, RC drilling, blast hole, density, grab samples, mapping, moisture content etc.)
- Secondly, Supervise Quality Assurance Quality Control (QAQC) field sample collection process.
- Lastly, Assist with lab audit reviews.
Health and Safety Management
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Then, Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensuring that safe work practices are followed.
- Besides the above, Abide by and ensure geological technicians carry out activities according to Newmont’s Health and Safety principles.
Junior Staff Supervision
Supervise the activities of geological technicians and samplers through allocated junior staff member(s) by:
- prioritize and allocate tasks / responsibilities.
- check and control the quality of work outputs.
- provide on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching.
- perform the first level of performance appraisal.
- recommend further / relevant training courses and development actions.
- recommending salary increases or promotions for staff.
- approve leave (first signature) and enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings, etc.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Geology / Geological Engineering/Earth Science.
- To begin with, Problem-solving skills.
- Then, Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Also, Good Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Moreover, Good Decision-making skills.
- Additionally, Good database management skills.
- Afterwards, Good capacity planning skills.
- Last but not least, Good information monitoring and management skills.
- Finally, Good planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Minimum of 1 year experience within a Geology Production environment.
- Then, Attention to detail.
- Continuous learning.
- Goal oriented.
- Lastly, Open minded.
The position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We commit to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
Note that, Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Closing Date : 10th August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
The post Grade Control Geologist Job Opportunity at Newmont Mining Corporation appeared first on NewWebGh.