HEAD OF FINANCE
Accounting & Finance Roles:
- Functions as the administrative head of the finance department.
- Maintains accurate and appropriate records and analysis of revenue and expenditure.
- Prepares periodic management accounts and financial statements for the review of DMD F&A.
- Responsible for the consolidation of group accounts for the review of DMD F&A.
- Assists in the preparation and management of annual budget.
- Coordinates the internal and external audit of the finance department of the company.
- Approves payment vouchers within assigned financial limit.
- Supervises the preparation of quarterly performance report for Head office, Cameroon, and Kenya offices.
- Supervises the preparation of technical committee reports.
- Prepares quarterly SDR for DMD F&A Review.
- Weekly review of General Ledger to ensure the appropriateness of accounting entries.
- Assists in the management of the company’s tax position.
- Undertakes thorough market research and analysis and make recommendations on profitable portfolio to DMD F&A.
- Management of the company liquidity to ensure excess funds for investment.
- Prepares regular investment reports and reviews, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio studies.
- Coordinates the activities of the Management Investment Committee
- Performs regular administration duties of all investment files..
- Helps manage and uphold counterparty relationships.
- Assists in investment activities in line with company approved investment policy.
COMPETENCIES FOR THE POSITION:
Key Managerial Competences:
- Ability to plan and organize the department.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate clearly on financial issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build a strong team with shared goals.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve results.
- A good understanding of managing performance and performance management system.
- Prepare financial and other reports in accordance with law and other regulations.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Conduct financial analysis and advise Management on financial strategies.
- Develop and implement sound investment strategies.
- Good knowledge f International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent computer skills and use of appropriate accounting and investment software.
- Ability to research, analyze and write good report on investment market.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (CA-GH, ACCA, or any other accounting qualification recognized by the National Insurance Commission) and:
- Relevant university degree plus a minimum of eight (8) years of work experience including two years in a managerial position or
- Relevant university degree and Master’s degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of work experience including two (2) years in managerial position.
- Must have minimum of 5 years of work experience in the insurance industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should please send their application letters and CVS to: [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday, August, 13 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.