Head of Human Resources and Training Job at BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
POSITION: Head of Human Resources and Training
The Head of HR & Training (HoHR&T) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management of BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd. through executing HR, talent management, and performance management strategies. The HoHR&T provides tactical and operational support on all aspects of HR operations to achieve the institution’s goals and objectives in the country.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BRAC Ghana to determine business needs and collaborate with HR specialist teams in the BRAC International HR Department (BIHRD) to help meet these needs.
- Assist in formulating talent management strategies including women leadership development strategies and coordinate with talent management specialists in BIHRD to implement talent reviews, talent development and succession planning.
- Work closely with key management staff at country level and Head of Gender and Safeguarding in BIHRD to identify, develop and retain high potential women employees in BRAC Ghana.
- Ensure internal talent mobility and manage the talent mobility process.
- Manage end-to-end senior level hires of BRAC Ghana, and partner with hiring agencies and country HR team to ensure the right talent in the key roles.
- Establish performance driven culture in BRAC Ghana, partner with the performance management specialist in BIHRD and country HR team to drive the performance management system.
- Provide support and input on BRAC Ghana company restructuring, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with the management team, HR team and employees and collaborate effectively to create ground for acceptance and friendly adoption of BRAC Ghana HR strategies.
- Assist international employees of BRAC Ghana with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Drive training needs analysis for BRAC Ghana, partner with specialists in BIHRD and country HR team to ensure the necessary training programmes are in place, participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programmes to ensure success, and follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Analyse HR data in partnership with the country HR team in order to develop and enhance solutions, processes, and programmes that address current problems and avoid future issues.
- Partner with the legal team of BRAC Ghana as required in order to reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance in day-to-day management of employees.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the institution’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or relevant subjects.
- Professional degree in relevant subject will be of added advantage.
- Proven strong foundation and knowledge of principles and practice of HR including employment law and compliance requirements
- Competent in managing multicultural staff, working effectively with senior management teams
- Experience managing multiple tasks, priorities and projects
- Understanding in HR policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills
- Effective client management and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proficient with HRIS tools
- Commitment to staff motivation, equity as well as organisational goals
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- At least five (05) years of work experience in HR function.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including talent management, performance management, talent acquisition, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, and federal employment laws is highly preferred.
Employment Type: Regular
Job Location: BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd. Office
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
How to Apply for Head of Human Resources and Training Job at BRAC Ghana
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 76/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 10 July 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
The post Head of Human Resources and Training Job at BRAC Ghana Savings and Loans Ltd appeared first on NewWebGh.