Innovation Hub Coordinator Needed at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as an Innovation hub coordinator to contribute to One CGIAR’s initiative – Resilient Cities through sustainable urban and peri-urban agri-food systems (Resilient Cities).
The Coordinator will be responsible for the design, setting up and continuous operation of an innovation hub for resource recovery and reuse solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Firstly, Assess options for resource recovery from waste streams including nutrients, water, energy, animal feed from a technical and economic perspective given specific local context.
- Secondly, Lead and supervise the design, setting up and continuous operation of innovation hubs for different resource recovery and reuse models.
- Thirdly, Co-design and support implementation of resource recovery and reuse solutions for different settings.
- Moreover, Work within multidisciplinary research teams to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs, which include designing of resource recovery and reuse solutions and assessing their technical and economic sustainability by collecting and analyzing data from field research.
- Additionally, Contribute to the initiative work streams, from research design to data collection, analysis, and scientific reporting.
- Afterwards, Contribute to the authorship of key research outputs including, but not limited to, research papers, journal articles, technical or policy briefs and blogs.
- Finally, Undertake relevant assignments as requested by the work package lead.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MSc in Civil Engineer, environmental sciences, water and sanitation (or related)
- Hands-on experiences as resource recovery plant manager (composting, briquette production)
- Firstly, Experience in capacity building
- Secondly, Experience in cost-benefit analysis and business planning
- Thirdly, Experience in designing and setting up of innovation hub
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience of water and waste management challenges for urban and peri-urban sectors
- Then, Experience in developing and implementing locally appropriate innovations around resource recovery and reuse of urban and peri-urban waste streams
- Also, Experience in providing technical analysis on resource recovery and reuse solutions including cost-benefit analysis and business planning.
- In addition, Experience in providing capacity development in resource recovery and reuse solutions to different stakeholders
- Last but not least, Excellent communications skills and ability to explain complex issues clearly to diverse audiences.
- Finally, Experience in transforming research results into knowledge products that have impact and reach, including through communication at major conferences and via other platforms, including social media.
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues relating to the circular economy solutions.
- Understanding of institutional governance and social issues as they impact the implementation of resource recovery and reuse models.
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of two-years with the possibility of extension.
Closing Date : 17th August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
The post Innovation Hub Coordinator Needed at International Water Management Institute (IWMI) appeared first on NewWebGh.