Job Vacancy For Executive Director at Legal Aid Commission
Legal Aid Commission, a reputable government institution, Invites interested persons to apply for the following position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
To provide strategic leadership, technical and administrative direction for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Firstly, Initiates action for the formulation of policies.
- Secondly, Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities of the Commission.
- Thirdly, Serves as a member to the Governing Board.
- Moreover, Exercises oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Commission.
- Additionally, Ensures the development of a system for participation of a paralegal in legal aid delivery.
- Furthermore, Represents the Commission on related international bodies/agencies.
- More so, Ensures the development of the strategic plan of the Commission.
- Then, Ensures the availability of appropriate internal structures, controls, management and decision-making systems and processes for the Commission.
- Also, Initiates action for the mobilisation of funds from development partners and other stakeholders for the Commission.
- Thereafter, Ensures the preparation of the annual and other periodic reports of the Commission.
- Besides that, Builds and manages an effective and dedicated inclusive work environment
- After that, Collaborates and builds relationships with Government, Public and Private sector partners and other stakeholders, both national and international, in carrying out the Commission’s mandate.
- Next is Signs and seals contractual agreements between individuals or groups of persons and the Commission
- Afterwards, Ensures the preparation of the budget and work plans of the Commission.
- Last but not least, Ensures the implementation of the Performance Management System within the Commission.
- Finally, Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff. .
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must have been called to the Ghana Bar.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years post-Bachelor’s Degree relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services
- Commission in consultation with the Legal Aid Commission.
- Good research, analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Then, Knowledge of project and programmes management
- Ability to lead strategic management and change management
- Good leadership, management and networking
- Afterwards, Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Technical and innovative skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation, lobbying and conflict management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Good knowledge of financial management laws and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws and regulations
- Good knowledge in relevant IT applications
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s legal system and its operation
- Excellent knowledge of international conventions and treaties on human rights and civil liberties
- Also, Excellent knowledge of criminal justice system
- Proven Integrity and good ethical standards
- Excellent report writing skills
- Lastly, A person eligible to serve not more than five (5) years before retirement.
How to Apply for Executive Director at Legal Aid Commission
Applicants are to submit application letters with current CVs, including names and addresses of three referees and copies of certificates to:
Head of Administration
P. O. Box 18342
All softcopies of applications, CVs and certificates should be sent to [email protected]
The deadline for submission of application is twenty-one (21) days from the date of publication.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
The post Job Vacancy For Executive Director at Legal Aid Commission appeared first on NewWebGh.