Job Vacancy For Technical Advisor at GIZ Ghana
The overall objective of the CFF is to reduce GHG emissions and enhance climate resilience in cities by mobilising finance for city-level climate change action.
The project preparation facility CFF, provides technical assistance to selected C40 cities in developing and emerging countries to technically sound and financially sustainable low carbon and climate resilient infrastructure projects.
Scope of the Role:
The main function of the Technical Advisor (TA) is to provide technical advice and capacity development support to the AMA’s Municipal Waste Department during the preparation of the finance-ready waste project.
The TA will support the AMA’s project team in identifying and developing technical studies and possible financial options to prepare the project, as well as working with the city to identify and offer appropriate actions to address capacity and knowledge activities. The TA will ensure the mainstreaming of the equity and inclusion perspective.
- Firstly, Serve as a focal point between the city administration, the project team in the city, technical national and international consultants/advisors; and members of the implementing agencies (GIZ & C40) located in Accra, London, South Africa and Germany,
- Secondly, Support the city administration in the identification and delivery of technical assistance and capacity development measures
- Thirdly, Supporting the city project team in developing ToRs for the procurement of national/ international technical consultants;
- Then, Support GIZ in the procurement of local and international consultancy services and in the supervision of the delivery of consultancy services on a day-to-day basis (quality control of deliverables, technical backstopping);
- Also, Provide regular updates on the progress with respect to project objectives, CFF indicators, and potential issues that could affect implementation to the CFF coordination team (GIZ and C40), including identifying and managing potential project risks;
- Moreover, Support the city administration to share lessons learnt with other cities and contribute, when possible, to the development of tools and other knowledge products developed by the CFF;
- Additionally, Act as an advisor to the city in meetings and discussions with potential funders and other interested stakeholders;
- Last but not least, Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant organisations in the field, eg, international donor organisations, financial organisations, civil society organisations, and relevant academic institutions:
- Finally, Work with the local offices of GIZ in the country on administrative and logistical aspects.
- Masters degree in Urban Planning/Management, Engineering, Climate Change or Environmental Studies or a related field;
- Minimum professional experience of 5 years working for or with the public administration, and a thorough understanding of the structure of local government and the administrative processes of Ghana’s municipal and state governments, and their administrations;
- At least 8 years work experience in the field of municipal solid waste or composting project development;
- Proven work experience in project development and management, ideally in the area of financing waste, or urban climate infrastructure projects;
- Demonstratable experience working with community organisations or the informal sector in waste management is an advantage;
- Strong understanding of the national and local content including political situation, regulations, stakeholders and institutions relevant for the project;
- Strong networking, stakeholder engagement and management experience, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with the AMA and communities where the project will be developed to ensure it is well supported;
- Ability to navigate effectively in political environments and with the participation of multiple stakeholders;
- Practical experience in advising senior technical personnel and personnel responsible for making decisions in public administrations;
- Experience in procuring, contracting and closely supervising external consultants; Sector experience in solid waste treatment, particularly for organic waste;
- Experience in developing in person and virtual workshops and knowledge exchange sessions;
- High commitment, self-organisation and teamwork skills.
How to Apply for the Job Vacancy For Technical Advisor at GIZ Ghana
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to hr [email protected] under the Job Code 2022/ CFF/ 01/06 If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply
Closing date: 15th June 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications