Junior Communications Officer Needed at GIZ Ghana
AgnBiz, through its EU co-funded component in Ghana’s north west, works to improve on quality production in the agricultural sector. This is achieved through the value chain development, for seven commodities (cashew, groundnuts, vegetables, mango, rice, soybean and sorghum).
Scope of the Job
As a junior communication officer, you will be responsible for providing support in implementing the programme’s communication and visibility strategy. The project works with both public and private-sector partners to scale up innovations and jointly transform the sector, with agribusiness-related interventions and promotion of inclusive business models
- Firstly, Supports the implementation of the programme’s communication and visibility strategy.
- Secondly, Development and revision of information, education and communication materials e.g. articles, success stories, press releases, factsheets, leaflets, flyers, infographics, and other relevant news items.
- Thirdly, Assists the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, as well as operational plans and team events.
- Moreover, Supervision of the display of communication material in offices, and on items procured by the project internally and for partners.
- Additionally, Supports the development of presentations for technical and steering committee meetings, as well as other meetings.
- Furthermore, Ensure strong relations with EU-REACH on joint communication activities, including updating the EUGAP webpage, providing content and working with the media consultancy firm, etc.
- Afterwards, Assists with the necessary coordination processes to produce publications and materials in accordance with GIZ and EU guidelines.
- Last but not least, Supports technical teams in preparing media contributions.
- Finally, Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University degree in Communication, journalism or comparable degree.
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification in the same or similar role with national or international organizations.
- Good communication and excellent writing and management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT, related software and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment with the ability to quickly grasp complex issues.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic, proactive, detail- and results-oriented work approach
- Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required.
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Lastly, Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How to apply for Junior Communications Officer at GIZ Ghana
All suitable candidates should kindly submit their CVs and Cover letter to [email protected] quoting Job Reference 2022/Agribiz/29/07.
Closing date is 11th August 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana