KNUST Global Alumni Association Supports 3 KNUST Students With Full Scholarships
The Global Alumni Association of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has supported three (3) brilliant but needy students of the university with full scholarships.
The scholarships were presented to the students on Tuesday, 19th July 2022. The presentation took place at the Council Chamber, KNUST. Beneficiaries will get cover tuition, accommodation, and stipends to sustain their living expenses on campus until they complete their respective programs of studies.
The names of the beneficiaries of the scholarships are Miss. Faustina Boateng a BSc. Midwifery student, Miss. Ruth Avotelie a BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology student, and Lambon Rubbin a BSc. Aquaculture and Water Resource Management student.
The Global Alumni President, Dr. Kwaku Agbesi, said that the Association has over the years given scholarships to two students every four years. This is due to limited resources. He added that “However, this year, the Association has increased the beneficiary slots to enroll three needy students to be supported by the scholarship scheme.”
According to him, the desire of the Association is to increase the beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme in the coming years. He stated that “Our target is to be able to support at least twenty (20) students each academic year. So that we can be more impactful and support the excellent work of our Vice-Chancellor,”.
Professor (Mrs.) Rita Akosua Dickson, the Vice Chancellor, thanked the Association for their thoughtfulness and kind gesture towards the students. She went on to talk about the importance of students’ welfare to the University as well as to the sustainable development of the nation. Also, she called on other chapters of the Alumni Association to come and support students. She said, “Gladly sell the story to the other chapters and let them all come to KNUST and support. The Vice-Chancellor went on to say that ”when we are sure of their future then the future of this country and the world is assured”.
Afterward, Miss. Faustina Boateng also expressed her heartfelt gratitude on behalf of her colleagues to the Association.
For more local news, CLICK HERE
- Cape Coast High Court cancels 2020 Assin North parliamentary election results
- Gunshots in Bawku again as police worried residents reluctant to volunteer info
- Deadly Weekend: Groom crashes to death on way to wedding
- Jealous groom beats male wedding guest for tightly hugging his bride (Video)
- Drink water if you can’t afford the new prices of alcohol – GIHOC Boss tells Ghanaians
- Gov’t extends deadline for SIM card re-registration
- Ho: 12 Commercial sex workers arrested
- Video evidence of street robbery at Adenta SSNIT Flat area
- Regularly monitor your bank account balances; report any suspicious transactions – BoG urges
- Ghanaians Face Punishing New Levy On Electronic Payments
- E LEVY CHARGES ON MOBILE MONEY IN GHANA 2022
The post KNUST Global Alumni Association Supports 3 KNUST Students With Full Scholarships appeared first on NewWebGh.