The Local Governance Act, 2016 (ACT 936) has elevated the Human Resource Management Units of MMDAs to departmental status and further mandates the Head of Service to appoint Heads for the Human Resource Department of MMDAs.
It must be recalled that the Head of Service as per the Fourth Schedule (Sections 78 (3) and 198 (4)) issued an administrative instructions as required by Section 78 (7) setting up the Human Resource Management Departments of MMDAs. An outstanding activity is the appointment of departmental heads for the newly created HR Departments.
In view of the above the office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) is therefore inviting applications from qualified persons to be appointed as “HEAD OF DEPARTMENT” for the newly created HRM Department as follows:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
The Head of Human Resource Department of the MMDA shall coordinate and collaborate with other departments to facilitate the overall human resources programmes including but not limited to: staff trainings, salary administration, postings, transfers, recruitment, promotions and performance management etc of the MMDAs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES /JOB SUMMARY:
- Ensures effective and efficient administration of human resources;
- Ensures that institutional policies in respect of employment, personnel, wages and salaries are translated into good management practices;
- Ensure human resource planning, facilitate recruitment of competent personnel and maintenance of good workplace interactions;
- Ensures the regular updates of staff records;
- Ensures inter and intra departmental collaboration to facilitate staff performance and development;
- Ensures the general welfare of staff;
- Reports on human resource related activities; and
- Ensures the development of the capabilities, skills and knowledge of staff;
- Appraises direct reports; and
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated;
- Ability to facilitate collaboration across teams to achieve a common goal;
- Ability to initiate, define and address high-level challenges and opportunities that have the potential to advance and improve the Human Resource Department in particular and the MMDA in general;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to use variety of communication vehicles to promote dialogue and develop shared understanding and consensus;
- Be able to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making;
- Must be computer literate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Administration or a relevant discipline;
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Administration or equivalent discipline and membership of a recognized HR Professional Body will be an added advantage; and
- A minimum of Eight (8) years working experience as HR Practitioner in the Local Government Service.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete an application form (link below) and upload photocopies of Certificates, Curricula Vitae (CV), Two Page Vision Statement and any other relevant document in PDF Format below:
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Deadline for the submission of application as well as all the supporting documents is Friday, 13th August, 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The post Local Government Service newly elevated jobs across all districts appeared first on NewWebGh.