New Job Opportunity at Pula
JOB TITLE: Regional Manager
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in over 14 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2021, we have facilitated crop insurance cover to over 4.7 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, our ways of working are informed by our Pula DNA, our culture. The Pula DNA is represented in four pillars as indicated below:
- Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
- Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and build solutions that deliver value.
- Have a Can do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
- We have each others’ back: We look out for each other & we share high quality, timely feedback that makes us better.
We have been funded by venture capital investors (TLCom, Women’s World Banking, African Risk Capacity, Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps) and global NGOs (African Development Bank, MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation).
Every year, Pula runs a series of operational activities including farmer sensitization campaigns, training of clients and Crop Cut Experiments (a survey designed to measure the yield of different crops). The Regional Manager will be responsible for assisting the Operations Lead in overseeing and executing all the operational activities within the country
What you will be doing:
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Lead, The Regional Manager shall provide full support to the Operations Lead and field team with all necessary project activities to ensure maximum efficiency on the ground. The ideal candidate learns quickly, is resourceful and has experience managing teams and running a field project.
The Regional Manager will be expected to conduct following tasks including and beyond:
- Firstly, Participate in enumerator recruitment, select, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees.
- Secondly, Assisting in Conducting Regional Manager and Enumerator/Agent Training.
- Thirdly, Assisting in managing and running Regional Manager meetings.
- Moreover, Compiling Staff Headcount
- Additionally, Management of field enumerators
- Furthermore, Conducting enumerator Training.
- More so, Assisting in client training/Mobilization/workshops
- Then, Management and support for crop cut exercises.
- Also, Management support for yield index insurance payouts, if necessary.
- Thereafter, Data collection and data management: that is, refining the study design and survey instruments, overseeing and monitoring data collection exercises using the Business Intelligence dashboard and assisting with data quality queries.
- Besides that, Coordinating with client field staff and insurance auditors.
- Again, Escalating issues experienced in the field.
- After that, Help to go to the field to diagnose issues when required.
- Next is, Help set project budgets, Recordkeeping for expenses and reconciliation against the budget for each project.
- Nonetheless, Help with internal data audits when required
- Likewise, Handling and resolving customer complaints from farmers and stakeholders as needed
- Not just that but also, Assisting in product launches when required.
- Afterwards, Identify good performers, and transparently and honestly reports on non-performing staff.
- Last but not least, Clear and consistent communication up and down the reporting lines.
- Finally, Any other duties as requested by management
Who you are:
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- A BSc degree in Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or a degree in Business/ management related field.
- Experience with (2 years) and proven skills in working with clients, project teams, farmers, field teams and agro dealers.
- Experience in data collection and data management.
- Skills to interact with clients, farmers, field teams and agro dealers.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate Excel skills is an added advantage
Some more expectations:
- Our team is deeply field based. We hire from the areas that we are working, rather than focusing on hiring only from capital cities or major metropolitan areas.
- The individuals best suited for these positions are those who are comfortable speaking in relevant local languages and moving around rural areas.
- Everyone needs to be able to work “on the go”: staff are expected to call into conference calls multiple times a week, and to submit communications on email and other mediums throughout the week. While it is difficult to keep a phone and other devices charged while working in rural areas, the best employees plan their movements well enough to ensure being in contact at the right times.
To learn more about Pula:
- TED Talk: Crop Insurance, an Idea Worth Seeding
- New York Times: He Grew up on a Farm. Now, He Helps Protect Them
- The Economist: The Poor, Who Most Need Insurance, Are Least Likely to Have It
PULA is an equal opportunities employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for this Job Opportunity at Pula
Application Deadline: by 31st August, 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana