Programmes Manager Job Available at GrowthAid
- Job Title: Programmes Manager
- Place of Work: Tema- Ghana
- Reports to: Head of Operations
GrowthAid is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization limited by guarantee. Our vision is of a world where everyone has adequate access to safe water and sanitation and where no one dies from preventable diseases.
GrowthAid works in collaboration with like-minded organizations to reach poor and marginalized people with safe water, improved sanitation, and hygiene services.
We hold our values of accountability, integrity, transparency, and respect dearly and demonstrate these in what we do and how we work.
General Role Summary
Working closely with the Head of Operations and other staff, the Programmes Manager will support the design of programmes and lead in the delivery of WASH projects. He will lead a team of professionals in the unit that leads in delivering safe water, whilst supporting other staff in the delivery of sanitation, hygiene and NTD projects. Being a middle management role, he/she will be a key member of the PMT and support SMT in the management of the Country Programme.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Strategy and Vision
- Demonstrate visible leadership and adherence to GrowthAid’s core values, principles and strategy.
- Support the Senior Management Team to communicate a clear vision of present and future business and financial plan of GrowthAid to team members and stakeholders that translates into concrete programme budgets and activities.
- Support in agenda-setting by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve objectives and contribute to country strategy.
- Participate in overall country level strategic planning and assist the Senior Management Team in the preparation and implementation of the Country Annual Plans.
- Perform any other official tasks as delegated or determined by the Head of Operations.
Planning and Programming
- Lead the process of programme design, implementation management of WASH programmes in collaboration with the Head of Operations and the Operations Manager.
- Provide support to fundraising efforts including identification of WASH needs and those related to NTDs at the community level.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of programme activities, ensuring that all activities are compliant with the grant requirements.
- Ensure the tracking, monitoring and quality reporting of all activities and infrastructure interventions.
- Support preparation of concise & professionally sound donor specific project reports
- Provide leadership for regular documentation and sharing of learning, best practice, and field experiences among partners, GrowthAid’s staff and relevant sector actor/agencies.
- Prepare & develop material and special reports based on field activities for case studies and document how they impact on policy.
- Firstly, Provide technical oversight to the field teams and mentor operations team in the design of WASH activities, including rehabilitation/renovation of water and sanitation systems, solid waste management, excreta disposal, hygiene promotion and emergency water supply.
- Secondly, Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Thirdly, Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Then, Supervise and orient new team members as necessary.
- Also, Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
- Moreover, Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
Finance and Compliance Management
- Furthermore, Ensure compliance with donor and GrowthAid’s regulations related to emergency programming.
- Additionally, Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
- Thereafter, Ensure internal and donor compliance through a strong knowledge of rules applicable to the Ghanaian context.
- Besides that, Prepare procurement plans based on project cycle for WASH/NTD and infrastructure work.
- Most importantly, Manage grant budget lines effectively and ensure all necessary purchase requests are accurately prepared and submitted on time.
- More so, Ensure compliance and transparent use of resources in accordance with donor and GrowthAid’s regulations.
- Afterwards, Monitor adherence to grant agreements, GrowthAid policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations, including those of the Government of Ghana
- Last but not least, Effectively stay abreast with donor financial policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Finally, Ensure documentation and filing of project activities in compliance with GrowthAid’s policies and procedures.
Representation and Advocacy
- Represent GrowthAid at external fora (government and non-government) and through that promote visibility of GrowthAid.
- Support GrowthAid’s partnership and advocacy drive
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge management both internally and externally as might be required.
- Participate in cross-learning across GrowthAid Country Programme and other sector networks
As part of our commitment to organisation learning and in support of our understanding that learning organisations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
Accountability to Users
GrowthAid team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, transparency, and integrity specifically, our users and to national and international standards, while actively engaging user communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- At least a Masters level qualification in Development planning, Civil or Geological/Environmental Engineering or any a social science.
- Then, you must have a minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience in the design and delivery of WASH programmes.
- Also, you must have a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in people and team management and working with consultants/contractors.
- Lastly, Must be a good coach, mentor and communicator with an advanced knowledge on Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- Honesty and integrity are desired attributes in this role.
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply For The Programmes Manager Job
All interested applicants that meet the specifications of the various position should submit an application letter and a current curriculum vitae (CV) to: [email protected]
Please indicate the position in the subject.
Closing Date: 10 July, 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications