Project Coordinator/Vector Biologist at Arthropod Vector Biology Research Labs
The Arthropod Vector Biology Research Group, a research group based in Ghana, with interest in vector-borne disease research and control, seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Project Coordinator/Vector Biologist to coordinate the group’s research activities.
A brief description and qualification requirements for the position is list below:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Entomological Project Coordinator/Vector Biologist will coordinate the scientific, technical, logistical and operational aspects of entomological field studies in northern Ghana.We expect that the candidate relocates to the field operations center in Tamale and remain there for the duration of the project.
Employment type: Full-time
Duration: 10 months (Fixed Term Contract)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical oversight and coordinate all the entomological monitoring activities occurring in the study site and other project sites;
- Manage the technical staff assigned to the field and insectary activities part of the study, and coordinate the roles, schedule, level of effort and other aspects of the team linked to the technical performance;
- Coordinate and supervise the performance of medical entomology procedures, such as taxonomic classification of mosquitoes, characterization of blood-feeding stage, insecticide resistance testing, WHO cone bioassays on sprayed surfaces;
- Lead and supervise the process of mosquito samples storage and shipping when needed;
- Participate in the process of procurement, by being aware of the materials and consumables usage and presenting timely and sensible procurement requests;
- Ensure all the activities in the field are done with the highest possible safety for the technical staff;
- Ensure that all data from all field data collection activities are recorded on data entry forms and entered into the appropriate database;
- Perform other additional duties assigned by the Principal Investigator;
Required Skills or Experience
- To begin with, Master’s Degree in Entomology, Biology, Biological Science or other relevant field.
- Then, At least three (3) years of relevant experience in the implementation of vector control and entomological monitoring activities.
- Also, general experience as field biologist working with research projects in health or natural resource disciplines.
- Afterwards, Experience with malaria entomology/applied entomology research methods for laboratory and field studies.
- Most importantly, Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, adhere to strict protocols, keep accurate records, and comply with company policies.
- Moreover, Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Additionally, Strong management and planning skills of project tasks.
- Furthermore, Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Last but not least, Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Finally, English language fluency
How To Apply for Project Coordinator/Vector Biologist at Arthropod Vector Biology Research Labs
- All candidates should send applications materials (i.e. Cover letter and Current curriculum vitae) to: [email protected] with the position title in the subject line of the email.
- CVs should have contact information of at least 2 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone numbers).
- Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered
Closing Date: 10 June, 2022.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
The post Project Coordinator/Vector Biologist at Arthropod Vector Biology Research Labs appeared first on NewWebGh.