Senior Gender Economist Job at African Center for Economic Transformation
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) is an economic policy. institute supporting Africa’s long-term growth through transformation. We produce research, offer policy advice, and galvanize action for African countries to develop their economies, reduce poverty, and improve livelihoods for all their people. We are the pre-eminent African organization advancing African solutions to African challenges.
- JOB TITLE: Senior Gender Economist
- REPORTING LINE: Executive Vice President & Director of Policy & Programs
- LOCATION: Accra/Remote
The Gender Economist will lead ACET’s work on gender equality and economic transformation and support other ACET teams to embed a gender lens across the portfolio.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specifically, the Senior Gender Economist will:
- To begin with, work with the EVP and ATR4 advisory group to develop ACET’s flagship African Transformation Report on Gender and Economic Transformation (ATR4). This will include being the internal coordinator for the ATR
- Secondly, provide intellectual leadership to ACET policy analysis and technical work on gender equality and women’s empowerment. This will include the development of a world class gender equality program which delivers high quality analysis and thought leadership on gender equity, equality, women’s economic empowerment and other relevant areas that may emerge
- Thirdly, be the principal resource person on gender issues, practices and policies relevant to the project context and activities
- Also, provide high quality analysis and advice on the gender implications of ACET’s policy recommendations
- Moreover, provide training to ACET research teams on how to monitor and assess gender impacts of policy actions across program verticals
- Additionally, work with ACET partner policy institutes and support them to do gender analysis where necessary
- Furthermore, monitor ACET’s work to adequately capture gender equality and inclusion indicators and track impact in collaboration with the M&E team
- More so, training and development of ACET colleagues and coach/mentor junior staff to build technical expertise
- Then, provide a range of analytical, advisory and related services to ACET with respect to the gender dimensions of development
- Besides that, design and develop programme strategies in the area of Gender equity/equality and economic transformation
- Thereafter, work with the fundraising team to raise funds for the gender portfolio
- Afterwards, serve as ACET’s spokesperson on Gender at various forums and with the media
- Last but not least, draft inputs to strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Gender Statistics
- Finally, any other duties as may be assigned from time to time in support of ACET’s mission
- Master’s degree in gender economics or a related discipline (development studies, political science, sociology, etc.)
- Minimum of 8 years of post-master’s experience conducting research and evaluation on gender economics. Experience of doing this in Africa will be an asset. Africa regional experience will be a plus
- Previous experience working on gender equality and/or equity policy in Africa.
- An understanding of economic transformation will be an asset.
How to Apply for the Senior Gender Economist Job at African Center for Economic Transformation
Interested applicants should email their CV and an accompanying Cover Letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the position to [email protected] The closing date for the receipt of applications is Thursday, 30 June, 2022.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please refer to our website www.acetforafrica.org for the full version of the job announcement.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
The post Senior Gender Economist Job at African Center for Economic Transformation appeared first on NewWebGh.