Sight Savers Job Vacancy November 2021
Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for an Institutional Funding Advisor or Senior Advisor (dependent upon experience) to develop, support, and maintain institutional donor relationships.
Salary: Local Terms and conditions apply
Contract: 2-year Fixed Term Contract with an expectation of extension
About the roles
- As an Institutional Funding Advisor, you would be responsible for supporting and maintaining institutional donor relationships in the UK, both directly and in support of other members of the Institutional Funding team.
- This includes working with the Institutional Funding Senior Advisor in directly managing existing funding agreements and in leading the development of new funding relationships for the team. The role will involve contract management, bid development, learning, and continuous improvement.
- As a Senior Institutional Funding Advisor, you would be responsible for developing strategic institutional donor relationships, both directly and in support of other members of the Institutional Funding team.
- You would work alongside the Director and Heads of Institutional Funding to lead on contract management and maintain key institutional donor relationships for some of our largest funding agreements.
- You will engage with senior internal stakeholders at head office, consortium working groups and country offices to support project implementation and be involved with contract management, bid development, learning, and continuous improvement.
- You will also line manage Institutional Funding Advisors.
- The ideal candidate for either role will be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in an international development-related subject or have gained relevant working experience.
- You will have a demonstrable experience of working with institutional donors preferably including bilateral, multilateral, or large-scale foundations.
- Candidates with experience in producing successful applications and good donor reports as well as donor engagement would be of particular interest.
- The successful candidate will have good research skills with a good understanding of budgets and financial data.
This role will involve travel of up to eight weeks per year to meet donors, accompany donors, and support program staff in the development of relationships at a country office / regional level.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or essential professional skills but if you feel you are ready for this challenge and responsibility, please read the Institutional Funding Advisor and Institutional Funding Senior Advisor Job Descriptions for further details.
How to apply:
To apply, and for further details about the role, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning about your motivations for applying.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a role-specific written exercise and interviews will be offered to candidates following review.
The first stage remote interviews will be held on Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 December 2021.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.