TOP 5 AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH THE HIGHEST MINIMUM WAGE
Every employee is entitled to financial remuneration which comes in form of wages. In Africa where wages are at the lowest, some countries are actually setting the pace by improving workers’ welfare. A high minimum wage increases the standard of living of workers with a concomitant improvement in productivity.
You might ask what is a minimum wage?
Minimum wages can be defined as the minimum amount of money that an employer is required to pay wage earners for the work performed during a given period, which cannot be reduced by collective agreement or an individual contract.
Having said that, let’s take a look at the top 5 African countries with the highest minimum wage.
1 . To begin with, SEYCHELLES – $424
Seychelle has the highest minimum wage in Africa. However, workers in the country are paid on an hourly basis. According to their new legislation, the new minimum wage will rise from SCR 34.97 to SCR 38.27 per hour for all workers other than casual. This means that based on 35 hours of work per week, the salary will increase from SCR 5,303.70 ($388) to SCR 5,804 ($424) per month.
2 . Secondly, LIBYA – $325
Libya has one of the highest minimum wages in Africa. Libyan workers are paid 450 Libyan dinars per month ($325). Additionally, the government pays rent, power, and water subsidy for its citizens.
3 . Also, MOROCCO – $284
Morocco has one of the highest minimum wages in Africa. A Moroccan worker is paid on an hourly basis based on the sector. Workers in the agricultural and non-agricultural sectors are paid 63.39 dirhams per day and 14.13 dirhams per hour respectively. The median Moroccan worker is paid $284.28 per month but workers in the public sector are paid $315.84 monthly.
4 . In addition to the above, MAURITIUS – $257
Also, Mauritius has one of the highest minimum wages in Africa. Recently, the government approved a new minimum wage package for workers totaling 9,000 Mauritian rupees per month (US$257). Although the parliament approved Rs 8,140 (US$232), various compensation payments by the government or the Mauritius Revenue Authority will mean that workers will earn a total of Rs 9,000 (US$257).
5 . Lastly, EQUATORIAL GUINEA – $231
Equatorial Guinea also has one of the highest minimum wages in Africa. Workers in the country earn 128.000 CFA ($231) monthly. However, there is a huge disparity in wage distribution across different sectors and industries.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
The post TOP 5 AFRICAN COUNTRIES WITH THE HIGHEST MINIMUM WAGE appeared first on NewWebGh.