UNICEF Latest Employment Opportunity
ROLE: Chief Education
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, learning.
In Ghana, UNICEF cooperates with the Government and other partners to defend the rights of children and help them fulfill their potential. With offices in Accra and Tamale, the UNICEF team seeks to achieve results in strategic programme areas.
The overall goal is for every child to survive and thrive, to live in a safe and clean environment, to learn, to be protected from violence and exploitation, and to have an equitable chance in life.
The current Country Programme of cooperation is aligned with the Government priorities, the UN Sustainable Development Partnership (UNSDP) and Key Results for Children (KRCs) in the West and Central African Region (immunization, nutrition, learning outcomes, ending child marriage and ending open defecation).
UNICEF main strategies include evidence-based advocacy, system strengthening, integrated programming across sectors, emergency preparedness and response, and innovation.
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Representative, the Chief is responsible for managing and supervising all stages of education programmes/projects.
This includes strategic planning and formulation, as well as delivery of results on strengthening national education systems to improve learning outcomes, universal access to quality, equitable and inclusive primary/early childhood education, and renewed involvement in secondary education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged, and excluded in society.
S/he leads a group of professional and support staff to develop and manage the education programme in the country.
Summary of Task
- Managerial leadership
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring, and quality control of results
- Advisory services and technical support
- Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight (8)years of relevant professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education at the international level is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, learning.
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others and Nurtures, leads and manages people(2)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female are encouraged to apply.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID).
Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Closing Date : 18th August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana